Members | Sign In
NFP > A Main Newsfeed (Easier to find where you left off.)

Help with caring for my elderly father

posted Mar 22, 2017 00:10:45 by LorrieLou
My 80 y/o father just came to live with us permanently and he doesn't know if he even has any medical care available to him.
We've noticed that he can't HEAR or SEE well at all.
I'd really like to get him in to get checked.
Can anyone help me with finding out how to care for him.
What he has or qualifies for and such.
Thank you in advance.
Love and hugs,
Lorrie Lou :)
Meridian, Idaho (Eagle Rd. & Victory)
page   1
2 replies
MelindaJansson said Mar 22, 2017 04:09:42
Contact medicare, make sure you have his medical cards. Does he have secondary insurance. If not get some. Is he a veteran? Does he have medicaid?
KarleneCarper said Mar 22, 2017 13:35:54
At 80, he'll definitely have Medicare. Important to know if he is a veteran. If he is, there are actually programs for vets that would allow you to get paid to care for him, if he qualifies. Sounds like it's going to take a few phone calls. If he is low income, he could qualify for Medicaid and possibly receive in home services that way, if he needs them. You could call your local Area Agency on Aging and they could possibly help you figure it out.
[Last edited Mar 22, 2017 15:16:19]
Login below to reply: